1- Create an account to get your GPT-4 API key
- Create an account
- Confirm your email address
- Go to your account billing https://platform.openai.com/account/billing/overview
- Add your payment information, and do an initial $5 payment so that GPT-4 access is enabled for your account
2. Confirm that you have access to GPT-4
Go to the Playground, select “Chat”, and make sure you have the GPT-4 models in your “Models” list:
3. Generate an API key
- Visit https://platform.openai.com/api-keys and click the button to create a new secret key
- A popup window will appear, give your key a name then click create
- Your key will be generated. Make sure to save it somewhere, as you won’t be able to see it once you leave the page
4. Add your GPT-4 API key in KWHero
Finally, you can use the generated API key in your KWHero account.
- Go to Profile > Bring Your Own Keys
- Add the API key you created
- Click “Test API”
- If the test passes, click “Save”. You will now have 10X the AI Credits and your API key will be used when making requests to OpenAI.
- If the test doesn’t pass, please go back through the steps and confirm that you have access to GPT-4, and that the API key you’re saving is the exact same one you just created.
5. Tracking Usage
You can track your API usage on this page. Make sure to keep your account topped-up and in good standing to avoid failed AI jobs when using KWHero.